Monday, November 19, 2007

Special Day



This weekend we attended the Baptism of my niece Jayme. She looked beautiful in her white dress and Eryn was thrilled to be asked to share an original poem at the Service. Here it is:
My Baptism Day
By Eryn Phillips

I have a funny feeling in my soul
Today I’ll fill up that forever empty hole
I’ll go through the steps of baptism
And let all those sins be forgiven

In my white dress in the chapel I stand
Then father comes and takes my hand
We walk in and sit at the front pew
The supporters there are a lot more than a few
I listen to the speakers start
I can’t wait till me and my sins part

I am going to the holy font room
Can’t you feel that happy loom?
Jayme Lauren Say he’ll say
You’ll get better every day

I dried myself and said,
Soon they’ll place hands on my head
The empty hole that I earlier said
Is filled with the Holy Ghost my friend forever
To help me help whosoever

So when I need help or times are grey
The Holy Ghost will help me brighten up my day.

No comments: