Sunday, June 20, 2010

Masterchef Addicts


Lately, my kids are thoroughly enjoying this season of 'Masterchef'. It takes a group of amateur chefs/cooks and puts them through challenges & eliminations until one is the winner. Since starting to watch it last year, Lachlan has taken up cooking and my girls also are donning their aprons more. It also makes me realise how much I need to improve on my cooking skills. Like, one of the challenges was to take a bag of lemons and make a lemon tart. The contestants in the challenge had to think up in their own minds how to make the entire recipe and then present the finished dish. It sent me to my Year 8 cooking textbook, because I didn't have a clue either. Last night as we were talking about the show over dinner, the kids were rating my cooking. The numbers weren't that great, until Morgan said " 10 out of 10". I was pretty impressed, since she hardly ate any. So I asked " Well, if you gave it a ten, why didn't you eat very much?" To which she replied " The judges only eat little bits!" I should have know that!

2 comments:

Callie said...

Love that Morgan! What a funny thing to say. I think you are a great cook!

Kara said...

You should send some of that masterchief cooking this way! How did the Lion House rolls turn out?