Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Halloween 2011

This year Halloween was a bit of a fizzer in our place. Usually we would get dressed up, the kids would go to Mums and Kara's and trick-or-treat and we would even attend Kara's annual Halloween Party. Since we couldn't do any of those this year, the kids thought they would go trick or treating with the kids in the street. Well, homework got in the way and so did the fact that we weren't sure who to trick or treat to. I even bought a whole ton of lollies in anticipation of the all the kids who supposedly trick or treat in our area. The only people who visited us were two girls dressed up as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Consequently I have a huge bowl of lollies that I have to keep away from Addison's sweet tooth roving eye!



Later that night while I was asleep, someone knocked at the door. Dan looked through the peephole and couldn't see anyone. He thought we were being 'pranked' so didn't open it. Ten minutes later the doorbell rang again, and ofcourse noone was there. By this time I had woken up and Dan was sure that something sinister was going on. He locked all the doors and waited to see if anything else was going to happen.



Well, the next morning I woke up and noticed something was on the front porch. Low and behold a huge basket of halloween treats. Someone had gone to so much trouble, and I'm sure was frustrated that Dan never opened the door to see the surprise. The food was delicious and we even took some left overs to the 'Mother and Daughter' Halloween Young Womens Party the following night. Eryn dressed up as a Sugar Plum fairy and I went as a witch! It was a fun night.

No comments: