Sunday, January 13, 2008

11 Years and counting!








Well Dan & I decided to celebrate our 11th Wedding Anniversary early. It is really on the 16th of January, but since Dan will be back at work then, it seemed like a good idea. Thanks to Grandma Haynes babysitting we got to enjoy watching "National Treasure" in Gold Class, a delicious Seafood Buffet and breakfast at the Marriott with beautiful views of the Brisbane River and Story Bridge. I was also suprised with a beautiful bouquet of roses and lovely gifts. I'm really glad that we made it to 11 years and can't wait for the next 11. I met Dan when I was 15. He was a mini missionary in our ward. Since that time we remained good friends - with me always hoping that one day we would be more than that. Then after he returned home from his mission that wish turned into reality. And on the 16th of January 1997 we were married for time and all eternity in the Sydney Australia Temple. Even though I thought I knew him well then, I know him so much better and love him so much more now. And as a wonderful reward for those 11 years we have three beautiful, talented and loving children. What more could I ask for? Well maybe a few more chocolates in the box next year. (Just kidding!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Leah & Dan!

We're only 2 years behind you. Weird - we'll never catch up. :)

It's funny to hear you liked Dan. I was in the car one night when Lane dropped Dan home and they were talking about this "Leah" who would be back from overseas soon. Dan lovingly referred to you as "his woman"!

Lara